sábado, octubre 24, 2009

books review

Hola!!! qué tal está tu sábado? aquí hasta ahora, todo luce tranquilo, así que con mi taza de café en la mano, déjame mostrarte los últimos libros que compré... Hi!! how is you saturday? here so far, everything looks calm, so with my coffee cup in hand, let me show you the latest books I bought ...

ahora mi conclusión de estas compras: now my review from these purchases:

la mejor compra y mi favorito: sin duda "the modern quilt workshop"... dan ganas de hacer todos los quilts que ese libro trae, además de que trae las cantidades de tela que se necesitan para cada proyecto, todos se presentan con la opción de hacerlos en diferentes medidas y con variación de colores. Es un super libro. Best Buy and my fav: surely "the modern quilt workshop" ... feel like doing all that this book brings quilts, besides bringing the quantities of material needed for each project, all presented with the option of making them in different sizes and with varying colors. It's a super book.

el más novedoso: "free & easy stitch style" y espero que me ayude un poco con el free motion quilting y apliqque... trae muchos tips para hacer esta técnica más sencilla y también tiene proyectos simples pero lindos a la vista. the newest: "free & easy stitch style" and I hope that help me a little with the free motion quilting and apliqque... it brings many tips to make this technique is also simple and it have easy and beautiful projects.

con más proyectos: "quilting in no time" y son clasificados según los diferentes lugares de la casa, desde la cocina hasta el baño, contiene proyectos para adultos y niños. with more projects: "quilting in no time" and are classified according to different places in the house from the kitchen to the bathroom, includes projects for adults and children.

el más "girly": por supuesto "sew sunny homestyle", lo que es bastante distintivo en los libros de Tilda y aunque creo que las cosas que ahí se presentan tiene poca cabida en una casa en donde viva un hombre, siempre es agradable a la vista de cualquier fémina hojear ese libro y soñar con habitaciones tan románticas y femeninas... the most "girly" of course "sew sunny homestyle", which is quite distinctive in Tilda's books and although I think they're proyects that has little place in a house where a man alive, but it's always nice for any female leaf through this book and dreaming with romance and all those girl's rooms....

el más ilustrado: "material obsession", es un libro estupendo que no estoy muy segura de cómo clasificarlo, todos sus proyectos son muy lindos, y aunque me parece que casi todos los quilts que se presentan son más para mujeres y niños, también trae algunos que podrían ser un excelente quilt para un hombre. Tiene muy buenas fotos y también dibujos. with more ilustrations: "material obsession" is a great book that I'm not quite sure how to classify it, all projects are so nice, and although it seems that almost all quilts are presented for women and children, also brings some which could be a great quilts for a man. It has very good photos and drawings.

con buenas ideas aunque algunas ya se encuentran en diferentes blogs: "pretty little presents" y entre ellos puedes encontrar el tutorial del door stop que está publicado en el blog de oh frasson! with good ideas but some are already on blogs: "pretty little presents" and among them you can find the door stop tutorial that is published on the blog oh Frasson!

y la compra sorprendentemente decepcionante: "Quilts" de Denyse Schmidt... y sobre este libro debo decir que absolutamente todos sus quilts son fantásticos y me encantan!! y precisamente porque ya había visto algunos de ellos en diferentes sitios es que ordené el libro... lo que me decepcionó es su método para trabajar, pues todos se hacen con moldes!!! en las instrucciones no se especifican los tamaños en que se debe cortar la tela sino que debes ir a la página de los patrones y fotocopiar tu patrón (ampliándolo al porcentaje que ahí se indica!!) y después recortar tus patrones y trazarlos sobre la tela para recortarlos y comenzar a coser! vamos, que por supuesto tengo la intención de hacer algunos quilts que me encantan, pero bueno, este detalle del proceso, me complicará un poco las cosas. and buying surprisingly disappointing: "Quilts" by Denyse Schmidt ... about this book I must say that all quilts are absolutely fantastic and I love them! and precisely because I had already seen some of them in different sites is that I ordered the book ... what disappoints me is they're approach to work, because all are made using templates! in the instructions did not specify the size that the material should be cut but you should go to the patterns page and copy patterns (and enlarge to the percentage that indicated there!!) and then cut your pattern and trace on fabric, cut and start sewing! of course I intend to make some quilts that I really love, but hey! this detail of the process, it will complicate me a bit.

y ahora, a seguir con mi día, que después de terminar mi maravillosa taza de café, es hora de exprimir algunas naranjas para continuar con jugo fresco... and now it is time to move on with my day, after finishing my wonderful cup of coffee, it's time to squeeze some oranges for fresh juice ...

feliz sábado!! happy saturday!!

6 comentarios:

  1. Buen fin de semana a ti amiga. Parece que este fin va a estar muy relax por estos rumbos

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Muchas gracias por tanta información.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. muy buenos "reviews".

    Que continúes disfrutando de un lindo fin de semana.

    **como sigue tu pie?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I have all that books too! And I agree with your comments...but not with the one on the Denyse Schmidt book. I LOVE it! I think she has used the patterns to spare fabrics and to give a way to obtain exactly the same quilt as she show in the book. Improv patch is less easy as it seems and the result could be bad for a not expert quilter. I have taken great inspitation from it! :-)
    nichi

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I'm always checking the Modern Quilt Workshop out from the library. Try Intuitive Color and Design by Wells, you'll love it.

    I have a love/hate relationship with Schmidt's book. Once you do a bit of it, you never need to really think of the pattern again.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. the Denyse Schmidt and Modern Quilt workshop books are both my favorites. I love looking through them for inspiration

    ResponderEliminar

Hola!
muchas gracias por pasar y dejarme tus comentarios!
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

xo

RosaMaría

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.